Monday, August 25, 2008

Why I am Adorable (today)

I am Adorable because...
  • because I have a "happy dance"! (which I discovered, when I found I had a heated, clean hotel pool all to myself at 6am on a Friday... happy dance once also seen on a volleyball court after one fantastic play.)
  • because I allow myself to actually DO my happy dance!
  • because I gracefully kept walking this morning, with a "have a nice day / don't call my people becuase we're so not doing lunch" wave, when a man chased me down the subway stairs repeatedly telling me he wanted to talk to me, and about how gorgeous I am (this guy had been, just moments before, totally blocking the stairway and unaware of anyone but himself... one of my particular NYC pet peeves!)
  • because apparently, I am a natural leader (who knew?) this surprises me particularly when I'm feeling reluctant about actually being a leader.
  • because I have 2 mcdonalds star wars bobblehead toys on my computer at work (ObiWan and Leia)
  • because I'm getting better at asking for things that I do want, with detatchment, without getting snippy or sad or angry about not having them delivered atthisverymoment!
  • because I'm shredding stuff that I am SO done with having in my "space"
  • because I can accept I wasn't that great in college, and apparently am still capable of doing good work. I was, in a group of brainiacs, kind of average. And I got a D in one class and at least one C. (and I just shredded all but the final transcripts. byebye!)
  • because I'm learning, at last, that I don't have to suck every morsel of knowledge out of every piece of paper that enters my house.
  • because I never was perfect, and really don't have to be perfect right now either.
  • because I'm also learning how to breathe and let things be because they are all just fine and unfinished right now.
  • because I'm putting "because" on every line, even though its at the beginning and grammaticaly incorrect!
  • because I am a work-in-progress.
  • because I just say so.

No comments: