Monday, September 22, 2008

Six Quirky Things About Me

OK, so Catie "tagged" me to do this, only, I don't follow enough blogs to tag anybody (and they pretty much all know Catie...) so, here goes:

1. I like guys who have interesting noses. Always have. There's something so appealing about an interesting nose! And usually I don't realize he had me at the nose, but then afterwards I look and think. "Nose. Nice nose." And I've been told I have a perfect nose, that should be in a nose gallery for use in sculptures.

2. I look at words and start to think "Is that how its really spelled?" like my brain slows down and re-reads a word letter by letter and wonders who decided to spell it that way and why.

3. I can find spelling errors on a technical drawing without reading the page, at all. I can smell spelling mistakes like a fart in a car. My eyes fuzz and I can take in the whole page and zero in on mistakes. Except when I get stuck in quirky item #2.

4. I constantly have things going on in my head. I function better when I have two active tasks (one can be listening to music) because the hampster running around in my head has something to dance to, and won't go off looking for something else to do. If not, I think something else in queue #2, and forget, completely, what I was doing in queue #1 and why it was important. I'll stand next to my dining table, after coming from my bedroom, and have NO IDEA why I'm there. And that's not a long walk.

5. I talk to trees, and they talk back. (Try it sometime.) They're quite wise, and think we humans ask silly questions... but they like the company, as they're so often ignored by us.

6. I take pole dancing classes. That's not the quirky part. The quirky part is I don't think taking pole dancing classes is all that quirky.

1 comment:

Cate said...

wow! an engineer that can spell!

and pole is cool - not quirky!